About My Perfect Movement Plan
Publication Date: May 28, 2024
Paperback 6″× 8″ 224 pages
Pre-sale books will ship in early May, 2024
Movement feeds your body. How’s your movement diet?
With this practical workbook, biomechanist and bestselling author Katy Bowman provides a tool that anyone can use to track how you are moving, how you aren’t moving, and—perhaps most importantly—how to fit the movements you will discover you need into your everyday life. Enhance conventional movement groups–cardio, strength, and flexibility–with practical, skill-based “macronutrients”: walking and balance, getting to and from the floor with ease, carrying well, and supporting yourself with your arms. And find ways to incorporate the “micronutrients” that are often left out of exercise routines but are essential for overall well-being. Are you moving your eyes enough? Or your wrists, or the bones and muscles in your feet? Are your jaw muscles, fingers and toes, hips, spine, and shoulders getting the full range of movement nutrients they need to function their best?
- Finding your deepest movement “why”—beyond just “getting healthy”
- Tracking and being mindful of your body shape throughout the day
- Real-life strategies for increasing the “movement density” of everyday activities
- How to rest more while still getting the movement you need
- Adjusting a movement diet to the different ages and stages of your life
With self-assessment exercises, guided observations, and dozens of specific examples, Katy Bowman works with you to analyze your current movement diet and then guides you to understand movement in a new way—a way that changes not only how you move, but how you think about movement, and where it “fits” into your life.
Pre-sale books will ship in early May via U.S. Media Mail.
Publisher’s Pre-Sale Bonus: Good through April 30th!
Pre-order My Perfect Movement Plan from the publisher for $18.95 and receive:
- A FREE ticket to a live, online 90-minute “Missing Micronutrient” Workshop with Katy Bowman
- Entry into a drawing to be chosen for a small-group session with Katy herself, where she’ll work with the winners on their personal movement plan.